Rolex watches are known for both their precision and elegance. Such a sterling mixture of magnificence and excellence often is the reason why they command such a high price. Each person who owns a Rolex treats it like a treasured possession. For those who own a Rolex and need to cherish it forever, then you need to discover ways to take proper care of your watch. A simple care and primary maintenance program won’t only keep your Rolex in good functioning condition for years to come, but will provide the feel that you’re wearing a model new Rolex every time you wear your watch.
The essential care and maintenance program for Rolex watches consists of the following steps:–
1. Wear Your Rolex Usually
Regular wear and use of your Rolex will keep the watch in perfect running condition. By doing so, you may ensure a constant movement of lubricants in the movement. If not used frequently, these lubricants may harden, inflicting friction within the movement. Eventually, this friction could damage the functioning of the movement. If you do not wear your Rolex commonly, ensure that to wind it at the very least as soon as a week. This will maintain the watch gears moving, thus preventing the lubricants from hardening.
2. Cleaning Your Rolex
Like some other work of intricate artistry and technology, a Rolex requires occasional cleaning and upkeep. There are various places on the watch the place dirt, body oils and different greasy particles accumulate, akin to between the links on the bracelet, the world joining the case and the bezel, and across the Cyclops lens. On repeated use, you will notice clearly such grime particles on your Rolex. When such particles are seen, the watch will require a thorough cleaning as described below:
– Before you begin cleaning, be certain the winding crown is tightly screwed onto the case.
– Since you can be using your hands to clean your watch, washing them totally with cleaning soap or hand wash so that you avoid transferring any dust or grease.
– Use lukewarm water to rinse off your watch.
– Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and ammonia- free mild soap.
– Apply this soapy water throughout your watch utilizing your hands.
– Now, gently scrub the watch to clean it of all grime particles. Your old toothbrush can be used as a perfect scrub for this purpose. During scrubbing, submerge the watch and the toothbrush into the soapy water at short intervals.
– As soon as you’re confident that the Rolex has been cleaned, rinse the watch with lukewarm water.
– Using a clean and soft cotton fabric, gently pat the watch till dried.
– Since your material could not reach the links on the bracelet, you must use a blower or hair dryer to remove the surplus water from the inside surface of the links.
– To make your Rolex watch completely dry, you can even use a dry towel to remove any remaining moisture.
3. Removing Scratches from the Bracelet of Your Rolex Watch
The bracelet of your Rolex wants special care, as it is prone to scratches. This is particularly true of the Oyster bracelet which features polished heart links. By polishing the bracelet once each few months, you may retain the brand new look of your Rolex forever. You easily can remove the scratches from the polished center links with little effort and time expended. All you need is a good quality polishing cloth which can be picked from products designed for removing scratches from polished stainless steel and gold surfaces. Such a material comes soaked in a special liquid meant for polishing. These polishing cloths are inexpensive and can be utilized multiple times. When using the polishing cloth on the surface of your bracelet, there are a number of things you must maintain in mind, including –
– Ensure you use the cloth only on the polished surface of your bracelet. If you use it on the non-polished surface, it will damage the brushed finish.
– One way to avoid this error is to use a Q-Tip. You’ll be able to wrap the material around its head and comfortably limit its movement to the polished surface.
– Do not exert an excessive amount of pressure while polishing because only a moderate amount of pressure is needed.
– Keep away from utilizing circular or cross strokes while polishing. Instead, try to observe the movement of the metal. In different words, go with the grain of the surface and never in opposition to the grain.
– A minute of polishing usually is enough to remove the fine scratches that seem like hairlines. It’s possible you’ll need to dedicate more time, nonetheless, if the scratches are deeper or more prominent.
– Finally, keep away from polishing surfaces that don’t have any scratches. You’ll end up removing a fine layer of metal from the surface by way of polishing because the surface has not suffered any indentation in the form of a scratch. Much less is more.
4. Winding Your Rolex
Rolex watches (except Oysterquartz) are perpetual which means they’re self winding. On a median, Rolex watches have an influence reserve of forty eight hours. If not wound after 48 hours, your Rolex will cease running and seem dead. It is not a major situation, nonetheless, because you possibly can manually wind your watch. Simply unscrew the crown to position 2 and wind it about 30 to forty occasions and after you have completed this, screw the crown back down. There are just a few factors that you should take into consideration while winding your watch. They embody –
– Winding your Rolex while wearing it on your wrist must be avoided.
– If discovered dead or in a non-functioning mode, don’t shake your watch.
– Even after you may have wound it, do not shake the watch if it does not start working. Simply, rotate your wrist gently, which will allow the watch to rotate as well and should give the rotor inside the “kick begin” it needs.
– If nonetheless the watch doesn’t start, slightly than shaking and presumably damaging your Rolex, simply put the watch aside and allow it to start out on its own.
– By no means worry about over-winding your watch as each Rolex has a built-in protection mechanism, which does not enable the movement to be over wound.
If you loved this article and you would such as to receive more details regarding Audemars Piguet kindly go to our website.